korkeus

lahti-him-1.jpeglahti-him-2.jpeg

The Lahti Historical Museum

Founded in 1924, the Lahti Historical Museum is a museum of cultural history of the City of Lahti and the Provincial Museum of Päijät-Häme. The exhibits are on display in the former main building of Lahti Manor built in 1897 (architect Hjalmar Åberg). The residence was built by Captain August Fellman, Court Counsellor, and was owned by the Fellman family until 1919, when it was acquired by the City of Lahti. It served as a school until the mid-1960s. In 1965-1968 the building converted into the Historical Museum.

The administration of the museum's collections is handled at its conservation centre (address Sopenkorvenkatu 9), which also houses the archives of photographs and prints of the Lahti City Museum.

The first floor of Lahti Manor contains rooms for temporary exhibitions, a scale-model exhibit, the Fellman room and a museum shop. The second floor houses the Klaus Holma Memorial Collection (antiques from Central and Southern Europe from the Middle Ages to the late 18th century). The exhibits on the third floor feature themes from the history of Lahti and the Päijät-Häme region.

Address: Lahdenkatu 4, PL 113, 15111 Lahti
Open: Mon. - Fri. 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sat. - Sun. 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Entrance: Adults € 5, groups of over 10 persons € 3 /person, children under 17 € 2, groups of day-care children and schoolchildren € 1/person. Raised prices for special exhibitions
Guided tours: By previous appointment for groups of 11-40 persons during the museum's opening hours: € 40, groups of schoolchildren and students € 20. Outside museum hours € 60, groups of schoolchildren and students € 30.
Enquiries: Tel. (03) 814 4536, fax (03) 814 4535
Further information: There is a shop in the museum.
www.lahdenmuseot.fi