korkeus

web_paarakennus_sisa4.jpgweb_paarakennus.jpg

The Orimattila Local Heritage Museum 

The Orimattila local heritage museum is located near the church, in Pappilantie road. It was opened to the public in 1952 in connection with an agricultural exhibition. The idea of establishing a museum had already been proposed in the 1930s. Buildings mostly from the 19th century have been moved to the museum area. In addition to a farmhouse and storehouses the site includes a village smithy and a chimneyless cabin of the early 18th century displaying hunting and fishing gear and shoemaker's tools. The cabin of a stonemason from Keituri village points to an occupation that was once common in the region. Owing to the Porvoonjoki River, Orimattila has had numerous mills, and there is also a water-driven mill from Heinämaa in the yard area of the local heritage museum. 
The museum is maintained by the city of Orimattila. 

Address: Pappilantie 4, 16300 Orimattila
Open: 1.-31.7.2010 Tue.- Sun. Noon - 6 p.m.
Entrance: Adults € 2,50 , children aged 7-16, pensioners, students and groups of at least 20 persons € 2 /person, free entrance for children under seven and groups of local schoolchildren.
Enquiries: Tel. + 358 3 8881 389, +358 3 8881 388