korkeus

web_lkm_kuv_kuv_di_36437.jpgweb_lkm_kuv_kuv_di_36445.jpg

The Padasjoki Museum

The Padasjoki Museum is in a former school and shop building in the village of Nyystölä. It was opened to the public in the summer of 1984. In addition to the collections of the Padasjoki Youth Association, the museum's collections include three large bequests from private individuals, containing objects originally belonging to midwife Anna Niiranen (1885-1939), items from the villa owned by Hilkka Huttunen's parents and agricultural and domestic implements from the 1930s onwards collected by Hanna Silfvast.

The museum has a cosy atmosphere presents the history of the locality and changes in its economy. A veranda exhibit tells of summer villas at Padasjoki. The upper floor of the museum serves as a venue for temporary exhibitions and different functions and events. There is a cup-marked prehistoric offering stone near the museum building, and an originally medieval road from the main village of Padasjoki to Maakeski passes through Nyystölä. Nyystölä was the site of a battle in January 1597 in the so-called War of the Clubs between the insurgents of Häme and troops led by Ivar Tawast. A monument to the battle was erected by the village road in 1935.

A local amateur theatre group stages performances in the museum yard area during the summer. 
The museum is maintained by the municipality of Padasjoki. 

Address: 17510 Nyystölä
Open: Summer 2010: Open only for groups by appointment.
Entrance: € 3, children under 7 years old free, groups min. 10 persons á € 2,5, group reservation advance
Enquiries: Pauliina Heinonen tel. +358 400 419 364, pauliina.heinonen(at)padasjoki.fi