korkeus

web_palsan_myllymuseo.jpgweb_padasjoki_palsan_myllymuseo_tielta2.jpg

The Palsa Mill Museum 

Vesijako is one of the oldest villages in Padasjoki, being first mentioned in sources in 1464. Lake Vesijako is a so-called bifurcation or watershed lake, discharging into the water system of the Kymijoki River towards the south and the Kokemäenjoki River water system towards the west. The flour mill of Vesijako village has been situated since the 19th century on the Palsanoja River leading from Lake Vesijako to Lake Parlampi. A water-powered sawmill was built next to it in the 1920s.

The history of the flour mill and sawmill is displayed to the public in the summer at Palsa mill. The mill has a cafeteria and is also a venue for art exhibitions. 
The Palsa Mill is a private museum. 

Address: Vesijaonraitti 562, 17630 Vesijako
Open: Summer 2010 open for groups by appointment.
Enquiries: Tel. (03) 557 7073
Further information: There is a cafeteria in summer use in the building.
http://www.kapteenska.fi/palsanmylly/ ( in finnish)