korkeus

web_h_lkm_kuv_kuv_di_36518.jpgweb_h_lkm_kuv_kuv_di_36516.jpg

The Finnish Accordion Museum 

The Finnish Accordion Museum is based on the private collection of Tauno Ylönen and was opened to the public in 1993. At present, there are almost two hundred accordions on show in the museum. A harmonica section of over 50 instruments was added to the museum in 2001. Visitors to the museum are also shown other items related to accordions and a gallery of photographs and prizes. The oldest item in the museum is a so-called spoon-bass accordion from 1850.

Along with its permanent exhibition, the Finnish Accordion Museum has annually changing theme exhibitions. The exhibitions have focused for example on master accordion players, accordion music of the war years and the dance music of the 1950s and 1960s, as well as the history and products of different accordion factories in Finland.

The theme exhibition of the summer of 2010 focuses on folk music.

Visitors may also play accordions in the museum.

The museum receives support from the Finnish Accordion Museum Association.

Address: Uotintie 4, 19700 Sysmä
Open: 12.6.-14.8.2010: Wed-Fri 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sat. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., other times by appointment.
Entrance: Adults € 4, pensioners € 3,50, students € 2, groups by appointment.
Enquiries: Tel. (03) 717 0363 or 050 565 1219
Further information: Theme of the exhibition on summer 2010 is folk music.
The Finnish Accordion Museum (in English)